Georgia Highlands is a growing and progressive institution with opportunities for the individual selected to grow with us. With a focus on employee wellness and development, the culture is warm and embracing, while the work is fast paced and challenging. Regular fulltime staff, administrators, and faculty enjoy the abundant array of University System health, retirement, and other benefits which includes tuition assistance after six months of employment. Additionally, GHC is a qualifying employer under the Department of Education Public Service Loan Forgiveness program (PSLF). This program provides student loan repayment and forgiveness for qualifying loans for eligible full-time employees. See https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/repay-loans/forgiveness-cancellation/public-service for more information.
This is an excellent opportunity to impact the lives of literally thousands of students and their families.
• Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of a baccalaureate degree in a course of study related to the occupational field.
• Experience sufficient to thoroughly understand the work of subordinate positions to be able to answer questions and resolve problems, usually associated with one to three years experience or service.
• Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
• Provides senior technical and advanced level expertise in planning, developing, testing and documenting programs for student information system and ancillary systems.
• Responsible for ensuring that program modules conform to coding standards under limited supervision and while mentoring lower skill programmers.
• Installs, configures, and supports software applications.
• Assists with validation for software application new system builds and conversions
• Creates, modifies, and maintains custom software and reports as required by the user community.
• Creates and maintains user accounts.
• Provides end-user application support for the various student information systems.
• Assists in extracting and importing data.
• Monitors daily automated processes to ensure completion success.
• Assists with software installation and upgrades.
• Assists with validation for software application conversions.
• This role is designed by the institution as a Position of Trust.
• Performs related duties.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of information technology systems, internal controls, and software requirements.
• Knowledge and working experience with Oracle, SQL, and PL/SQL.
• Knowledge and experience of server operating systems, such as Windows, macOS, Unix/Linux.
• Knowledge and experience of scripting languages such as SQL, Pro*C, COBOL, Java, Perl, Unix/Linux shell scripting.
• General knowledge of IP networking environments.
• Knowledge of information technology best practices.
• Knowledge of relevant local, state and federal laws.
• Skill in the analysis of problems and the development and implementation of solutions.
• Skill in the preparation of clear and precise reports.
• Skill in effective oral and written communication to both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Must be familiar with the privacy and protection of sensitive data (i.e. FERPA, HIPAA, etc.).
Special Instructions to Applicants
Position open until filled and applications will be screened as received.