Responsible for organizing and directing all aspects of work orders, including having working knowledge of special equipment, continuing property records, material inventory, capital credits, general ledger subsidiaries along with the current work plan and RUS loan. Analyzes and collects statistical data regarding work orders for all departments and management of the Cooperative and all external personnel and agencies.
- Coordinates the review and approves the work order monthly close completed by the Work Order Specialist.
- Directs performance of the Work Order Specialist on all work order functions and job duties.
- Responsible for analyzing all work order reports and oversees research of any significant variances.
- Organizes and prepares the inventory of work orders as prescribed by RUS for loan purposes and permanent records.Reviews and prepares the special equipment summary as prescribed by RUS for loan purposes and permanent records.Performs the comparison of work orders to the construction work plan.
- Reviews and approves reporting of the miles of line constructed / retired and the services added / retired on a monthly basis.
- Oversees the maintenance of all manual and computer subsidiaries including but not limited to continuing property records, work order plant list, work order error list, open and closed work orders, and material inventories.
- Works with external personnel and agencies including but not limited to RUS, CFC, FFB, CoBank, financial institutions, governmental agencies, and outside auditors on various requests including annual audit and required report filings.
- Works closely with the Engineering Department to provide assistance with reviewing monthly work order reports including calculations of standard to actual cost.
- Recommends changes to procedures or work practices regarding work orders as needed.Reports to the Manager on instances of non-adherence to policy and un-reconciled differences between the general ledger trial balance and appropriate subsidiaries.
- Backup for Work Order Specialist and Staff Accountant.See job description for duties.
- Coordinates with Manager of Accounting and prepares operating reports for internal personnel and external agencies, which includes but is not limited to, the monthly board reports, special board requests, annual property tax return, annual form 990, annual report for unclaimed property, and year-end form.
- Balances the monthly audit report from Capital Credits (CA system) to the General Ledger.
- Works closely with the Credit and Collections Department to ensure the accuracy of information flowing from the capital credits system to the general accounting system.Completes any necessary journal entries.
- Calculates and coordinates the annual allocation and retirement of Capital Credits.
- Reviews work as needed and provides support for all positions within the Accounting department.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Must satisfactorily pass GreyStone’s pre-employment physical, drug screen, degree verification, criminal background and credit check.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance. CPA desired.
- Above average knowledge and skill in business math, banking, finance, cash management, tax research, and budgetary procedures are desirable.
- Four (4) years current cost accounting experience, preferably with electrical cooperative experience.
- Must be willing to complete the RUS accounting course, be knowledgeable of content of RUS bulletins, governmental agency requirements, generally accepted accounting principles and generally accepted auditing standards including yellow book regulations, cooperative policies and procedures.
- Requires a working knowledge of PC for use with MS Outlook and MS Word.
- Ability to create and manage Excel spreadsheets to prepare, complete and distribute reports and other pertinent information to management and/or team members or other employees.
- Exhibit high degree of flexibility and ability to perform multiple duties while experiencing interruptions.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills to deal with employees, other departments, and external contacts.
- Require strong problem solving, organizational skills, planning skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of Cooperative records.
- Ability to evaluate situations, make sound decisions and act on those decisions.