Georgia Highlands is a growing and progressive institution with opportunities for the individual selected to grow with us. With a focus on employee wellness and development, the culture is warm and embracing, while the work is fast paced and challenging. Regular fulltime staff, administrators, and faculty enjoy the abundant array of University System health, retirement, and other benefits which includes tuition assistance after six months of employment. Additionally, GHC is a qualifying employer under the Department of Education Public Service Loan Forgiveness program (PSLF). This program provides student loan repayment and forgiveness for qualifying loans for eligible full-time employees. See https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/repay-loans/forgiveness-cancellation/public-service for more information.
This is an excellent opportunity to impact the lives of literally thousands of students and their families.
• Position requires a Master’s degree in Logistics and Supply Chain Management with a minimum of 18 semester hours or 30 quarter graduate hours in Logistics and Supply Chain Management. Doctorate preferred. Prior teaching experience, which includes the use of current classroom technology, is desired.
• Experience with developing degree programs.
• Willingness to work at different instructional sites as needed. Some evening courses are a possibility.
• Teaches 30 credit hours per academic year as assigned (day, evening or weekend) at one or more of the Georgia Highlands College locations
• Adopts and implements common course objectives as required by the division and discipline
• Manages courses through systematic use of appropriate syllabi and accurate, professional records of students’ class performance, attendance and grades
• Announces and keeps regular office hours, dedicating 10 hours (or more) per week to assisting students
• Maintains involved and knowledgeable participation in academic advising of students as required by division
• Offers professional assistance in curriculum development, review, and instructional materials selection
• Participates in the extended work of the college through participation in committees of the college or faculty, student organizations, and attends division meetings, full faculty meetings, town hall meetings, in-service training, and graduation
• Engages in functions of evidence-based academic and program assessment, as required for accreditation, college compliance, and continuous review and improvement of student learning outcomes
• Demonstrates meaningful service to the community and to the profession
• Pursues continued professional development in academic discipline, technological applications for the classroom, and innovations and enhancement in teaching and learning
• Performs related duties
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of subject matter in Logistics and Supply Chain Management.
• Knowledge of academic requirements
• Skills with instructional technology
• Organizational ability to keep accurate and timely records
• Time management skills
• Written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
Special Instructions to Applicants
- Attach unofficial transcripts to application
- Official transcripts will be required upon offer of employment
- Also attach a CV and three references
Applications will be screened as received.