Georgia Highlands is a growing and progressive institution with opportunities for the individual selected to grow with us. With a focus on employee wellness and development, the culture is warm and embracing, while the work is fast paced and challenging.
This is an excellent opportunity to impact the lives of literally thousands of students and their families.
• Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of a baccalaureate degree in a course of study related to the occupational field or equal relevant experience.
• Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years
• Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
• Assists with general ledger maintenance
• Prepares monthly and yearly journal entries, cash entries, and inter-fund transfers
•Responsible for reconciliation and billing of institution grants
• Responsible for monthly and yearly invoicing for the college
• Reconciles assigned accounts and generates periodic reports
• Assists in monthly reconciliation of the operating and payroll bank accounts
• Assists in the submission of salary and travel files to the State Department of Audits and Accounts
• Assists in the vendor payment and obligation file to the State Department of Audits and Accounts
• Recommends procedures for increased efficiency and accuracy
• Maintains college unclaimed property account and ensures compliance with state unclaimed property requirements
• Compiles financial information and assists in yearly closeout in preparation of the annual financial report
• Assists with maintenance of the college’s asset management system
• Assists with Agency account reporting and reconciliations
• Assists with athletic reporting and reconciliations
• This role is designed by the institution as a Position of Trust
• Performs related duties
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Basic knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
• Knowledge of college and university system collection policies and procedures
• Knowledge of computers and job-related software programs
• Knowledge of Board of Regents Policy and Procedures
• Skill to make timely decisions
• Skill in developing and maintaining effective working relationships with peers
• Skill in decision making and problem solving
• Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public
• Skill in oral and written communication
• Ability to administer established policies and procedures
Position open until filled and applications will be screened as received.